Mark and Running
In April 2007, I started running again. And for the next 10 years, I had some amazing experiences including:
- Running a total of 15 marathons and 3 ultramrathons.
- Qualifying for, and running the Boston Marathon.
- Running the JFK 50-miler, a race as old as I am.
- Finishing the Inaugarural Fenway Park marathon.
- Meeting some amazing people, many who have become not just friends, but people I rely upon for guidance and inspiration.
Unfortunately, genetics caught up with me, and a team of doctors have recommended that I end my running career.
Below are the stories and photos about the races I've completed, and the little lessons I learned along the way. I hope you enjoy them.
Completed Races (click links below for results and photos)
- September 15, 2017 Fenway Park Marathon
- November 13, 2016 Myles Standish Marathon
- December 5, 2015 Rehoboth Beach Marathon
- May 3, 2015, Cox Providence Marathon
- October 25-26, 2014 Clam Chowdah Challenge (half marathon+marathon)
- March 15, 2014 RocknRoll USA Marathon
- September 29, 2013 Clarence DeMar Marathon
- July 27, 2012 Race Around the Lake
- February 26, 2012 Hyannis Marathon
- March 26, 2011 Fells Trail Ultra (DNF)
- April 19, 2010 Boston Marathon
- November 21, 2009 JFK 50-Miler
- September 27, 2009 Toronto Marathon
- May 31, 2009 Minneapolis Marathon
- February 22, 2009 Hyannis Marathon
- October 19, 2008 Des Moines Marathon
- May 17, 2008 Palos Verdes Half-Marathon
- March 29, 2008 Olathe Marathon
- December 16, 2007 Jacksonville Bank Marathon